Wednesday 11 August 2010

Liverpool Vintage Fashion Fair, 07-08-10 Review Continued...


All About Eve was one of my personal favourites at the fair on Saturday. Holding quirky little prints, gorgeous and kitch necklaces, and one of my favourites - polcadot.

Most of the jewellery (if not all), is handcrafted which makes them even more special. With picture frame necklaces and metal heart belts you'll definately find your new favourite accessory at All About Eve!


You can find All About Eve by clicking their name above, or emailing allabouteveliverpool@hotmail.com, All About Eve are also on Facebook.

Eat Your Heart Out

Now, I've just realised I don't have any information about this store, and I've searched for them all over but I've had no luck! If anyone can help me out with that please do!

What I have seen of Eat Your Heart Out... is just brilliant. The first thing everyone at the event noticed was the stall holder's see through lace trousers which come in both cream and black. Wow. "You HAVE to have a lot of confidence to wear those", was my first thought!
This one is a full playsuit with halterneck fastening, so bright white knickers and bra needed! I really do wish I was taller so playsuits and maxi dresses wouldn't drown me, but somehow I don't think I quite have the confidence for this one!
This African style top with layered frilly sleeves is perfect for following the safari themed trends at the moment.
Yet another store with a beautiful floral print that's just so popular in vintage clothing. If you want floral, don't go to New Look or Topshop, go to your local charity shop or nearest vintage store, no one will have the same print and garment as you, and we all know that has its benefits!
This cute little number would look brilliant on an hour glass shaped women, with a big space for the breasts, and slimming black skirt. Perfect for smart casual occasions, or to wear in the office!




Now, Glamour Stakes has got some amazing items, including a Chanel paint splattered denim skirt, which again, is perfect for the denim explosion at the moment. 
This cardigan is just too cute! If you go for that kind of cutesy style this is perfect with a nice pair jeans!

Pink lace mermaid tail dress. Need I say more?

Another lace piece from Glamour Stakes, which, with the right pair of boobs, would make a perfect crop top, completed with a nice pair of light jeans/leggings or jeggings!
This next top caught my eye because of the amazing quirky print. The luminous yellow is perfect for summer and the light cotton material will keep you cool too. Plus the fact that it's vintage ticks every box in my opinion.

This - This beautiful vest top combines two of my favourite things, skulls and pandas. Beautiful.


Venus in Furs was truly my favourite at the fair, (sorry to everyone else!) with a wide variation of styles. 
Gorgeous headbands for bohemian, hippy or casual feminine styles.
This cute little mini was also a favourite, with the flared puff skirt shape and the delicate white, green and yellow floral print, anyone could wear this and look brilliantly feminine.
My absolute favourite of the entire fair... so much so that I bought it!! Mexican skeleton party. Need I say more??
Another favourite mixing two brilliant prints together, skulls and roses with polcadots. Beautiful.


Josarli first caught my eye as one of their adorable handmade owl cushions walked out of the door in the arms of it's new satisfied owner. The cushions seemed so popular I had to see them for myself, so when I found that the stall that held them was full of other hand-crafted home ware gems I got really excited.


For those who love the owl theme, but like me have overloaded their house with cushions, there is a brilliant owl print bag available that will go with any colour!

Scented hand-made Wizard of Oz pillows were among the collection, and to my delight the prints were all from the original film, real vintage.
I also found another heart warming vintage piece, featuring the original C. S. Lewis' Alice in Wonderland imagery. 
You can find Josarli on eBay here, or email Sue on josarli-crafts@cutey.com
Jenny & Amber
<3
Jenny & Amber have an amazing array of different prints and fabrics that would make any wardrobe wild and wacky. from a loose knit and beaded jacket that almost looks gothic,

to grey leopard print shirts for a more feminine style.
This spiderweb bag really reminds me of one I used to have when I was younger, but theres something about it that screams vintage too.
Coca-Cola Dress. Absolute genius. I actually said to the assistant, if I liked coke, I would sooo be buying that!! With an elasticated waistline, and cute little sleeves this huge advertisement for coke could look absolutely gorgeous. Personally I'd probably team it with a pair of bright purple tights, or my black and white zebra print leggings. 
Jenny and Amber have a wide selection of other quirky, unusual print dresses, all in the same style, and featuring some very crazy things! I can guarantee you no one else at the party will have the same dress as you if you grab yourself one of these stunners!
Guitars for the rock chic in you...
Mobiles with silly texts on, for the phone flirt!
Jaguars, for your wild side!
And this last one is a bit more racey... With a beautifully playful print on the front and a laced panel back... This dress is probably for the more outgoing and confident ones out there...
This next dress I absolutely adore. Velvet like material with purple leopard print all over, and even including paisley print applique, this stunner will create elegance at all levels. If you need to look absolutely amazing, but don't want to loose that edgy "alternative" style, this kind of dress is for you!
Now, with this next piece I'm not entirely certain whether it's a corset type top, or a very short mini dress. The only thing I can say, is wow. I absolutely love the sheer elegance of this piece. I'm a sucker for all things pink, as I'm sure a lot of you will know, but there's just something about this top I absolutely love. 
The detailing on the waistline really accentuates how far in you'll be pulled in this top, and it gives it that extra piece of glamour that everyone will want to achieve when wearing this top. Teamed with a short yet full black necklace and a black pencil skirt, this outfit basically sorts itself! 



Memoir is a stall I really wished I'd gone back to, to have a proper look at what they had. And I'm really kicking myself for it.
Full of hand picked vintage items full of glamour and elegance, Memoir is another store where you can find that key piece that you will wear again and again to any occasion.
Alongside the many items of vintage clothing, Memoir also stock Lovie Loves jewellery which has some really cute pieces. Hair grips with horses, flowers and cupcakes to complete any outfit.
And my personal favourite this gorgeous mirror necklace that makes any outfit have that extra bit of a vintage touch.
You can find Memoir by clicking on their name above. 



Suicide Dreams, to my surprise is completely run by one amazing women. I absolutely loved nearly every single item they had at the fair, so I cannot wait to check out their website later (click on their name above).

Cupcake Necklaces. Cupcakes seem to be everywhere nowadays, people are using them more and more instead of wedding cakes, special occasions and you see them in any shop that sells food... or jewellery for that matter! Jump on board the craze with these gorgeously sweet cupcake necklaces.

Now, I have a bit of an obsession for Egyptian related pieces and this scarab beetle necklace... <3!!
The turquoise swallow necklace is perfect to add an "alternative" touch to an outfit too.
Rings. Oversized, look at me rings. Another...obsession of mine... Cupcakes, roses, skulls... and the pink apple with a skull on. (Which I am now a proud member of!) I really love this trend, why not set your entire outfit off with a gorgeous ring? In all different colours anyone could find something they like here!
Octopi!! As I've said earlier, I love all animals, and Octopi are a personal favourite (yes another one!!). Oversized and quite punky, this necklace is bang on trend, and absolutely beautiful too!
For those of you that like skulls just as much as me, why not mix them with a bit of classic vintage too? This oldey-style frame necklace does it perfectly.
You can find Suicide Dreams on one of their many online stores 
or on Facebook here.

And last but not at all least, we have Flashback Boutique, who organised the whole fair, as well as the the last show I reviewed.


Flashback Boutique have always got some amazing pieces in store, from their hand-made sequin covered pieces directly from America, to their quirky print t-shirts, there's always something in stock you will want!

I adore these outrageous printed tops, and this one seems to have a bit of an oriental feel to it, and at buy one get one free, where were you?!
This top is simple yet gorgeous. the hand-sewn sequins on the shoulder pads creates real casual glamour.
At first I thought this shirt was just polcadot, but to my delight the spots are actually little stars! Perfect for a cutesy girl to boy theme.
I love this dress. I forgot to ask if it is hand-sewn, but if it is... wow! This would look absolutely gorgeous on almost anyone, and teamed with the right silver necklace, a black waistband belt and some gorgeous tights and shoes, you would definately be the bell of the ball in this piece!
Lace! Lots more lace! This photo has unfortunately gone a bit off colour, and is actually supposed to be cream, so don't let that put you off! This top is just so cute, I'm actually shocked no one snapped it up at the fair.  
Another gorgeous sequinned halter-neck dress that screams elegance.

You can find Flashback Boutique at 52 Whitechappel Road in Liverpool, or on Facebook, or by clicking their name above which will take you directly to their own site.


Overall the Liverpool Flashback Boutique Vintage Summer Sale 07-08-10 was a huge success. Everyone there seemed to really enjoy themselves and the stall holders were really happy too. With some great finds there, If you did miss it seriously, where were you?!
Don't fear however!
If you don't have time to be shopping around finding all the different stores individually, we are hosting another fair, even bigger than the last two put together.

The Saturday 25th September is definately a date you need to put aside in your diaries! The Liverpool John Moores University Student Union building is our host site again, but this time we have both upstairs and downstairs, with over 40 stalls of amazing fashion, food and accessories to be seen!
We will also have 20 live mannequins modelling as much of the different stores merchandise as possible.
This is a date not to be missed!
I just want to say a big thank you to all those people who allowed this review to happen, and if there is anything anyone needs changing or adding, please leave a comment or e-mail on Facebook, and I'll get to it straight away!!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you know the facebook group for jenny and amber?

Rachel Hovell said...

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I cannot seem to find Jenny and Amber's facebook, if you could please link me I will definately add it to the review. Thank you xx