Monday 9 August 2010

Liverpool's Big Vintage Summer Sale 07-08-10 - Review

For those who missed it, where were you?! Saturday's fair was brilliant, and we had over 300 people throughout the day! All our featured stalls were just brilliant, from hand picked vintage bullet bra's from the 50's, to cute handmade owl cushions, anyone and everyone could find themselves a bargain!
I managed to sneak off my post at the front desk for a while and get some great photos to share with you all! So here is what you missed!

But don't worry!! If You DID miss the fair, no fear! On the Saturday 25th September we're holding a huge vintage fair at the LJMU student union bar, where we will have over 40 stalls of amazing fashion and accessories bargains, with live mannequins featured throughout the day too! I'm not too sure, but I think most of the stalls featured in saturday's fair will be at our next one, so if you see anything you want make a note of the seller and get yourself down to the next fair!! I will include all the contact details of each seller too, just incase you can't wait until the 25th Sep!

Passion Jewellery

Passion Jewellery hold a huge range of indiviual beads for you to create your own personalised necklace or bracelet. Ranging from coloured stones to big black roses, you can make something truely amazing from their selection.

Personally I absolutely love some of their pre-made necklaces, including this gorgeous piece with diamonte skulls on!

Passion Jewellery also do Jewellery parties, corporate events, fashion shows and events, and a bespoke service. For more information contact Claire on 07757291357 , or at jewellerypassion@yahoo.co.uk
You can also find Passion Jewellery on facebook by searching for Passionjewellery Liverpool.


I absolutely love this bracelet!! xx

Unfortunately at this point I just had to tear myself away from Passion Jewellery's stand before I tried to spend the little bit of money I have left after my boyfriend's birthday! (Update later!)



My Vintage Romance hand select every vintage item they sell online, with quirky prints and patterns, diamontees and glitter. They're selection of vintage garments comes from all over, and ranges from the 1930's to the current day's vintage.
"Vintage clothing is all about fashion, style and timeless elegance"

Click above to see all the contact details, catalogues and how to buy from My Vintage Romance.
This is my personal favourite, sheer elegance!
I love the detail on this dress, just simply gorgeous. Unfortunately I'm simply way too small to wear a gorgeous dress like this! =[


Geek Vintage - What can I say?! Two major trends of the past few years coming together in perfect harmony. What more could a girl ask for?? From sunglasses, to retro cards to cute little denim numbers, Geek Vintage has everything for the modern day fashionista! The first thing that caught my eye on Geek's stand was this amazing pair of neon painted leggins that would definately make you stand out from the crowd!

I then spotted such a cute little retro denim number that I just couldn't resist trying on! Unfortunately the 1970's acyrlic mix was no good for my sensitive skin, but anyone looking for the perfect denim garment for this years denim explosion, look no further!


Geek Vintage are situated at 236 Smithdown Road (opposite the brookhouse) in Wavertree Liverpool.


Rubie Locks is famous for its gorgeous fascinators and flowers, aswell as their beautiful headbands and earrings. If you're going for hippie, indie or bohemian this is the store to visit!!

Unfortunately I don't have any contact information for Rubie Locks, (so if your reading, please send them to me and I'll get this updated asap!) but you can click on their name above to see their facebook page.
Full of flowers and feathers Rubie Locks is really feminine and summery, perfect for any occasion.



What Katie Did caught my eye due to their vintage, 1950's bullet bras and frilly knickers! If you want to go all out on your 1950's look, weather is a bikini, swimsuit, shift dress or Dior style flared dress, a bullet bra is what you need! In different colours and styles these bra's create a gorgeously feminine shape to the bust and will have everyone asking what's new?!
I also spotted a GORGEOUS under-bust corset in pink and black, that I would literally die for!
With a huge selection of lingerie, corsetry and hosiery, What Katie Did has got everything you need to look beautiful underneath!!
You can find all their contact information here, with a great selection of buys also!


Laylora Vintage was a personal favourite for me. They had some amazing stock at the fair with them (which was apparently their worst stock), so I cannot wait to see the rest for myself!

Laylora has a lot of printed fabrics, cute collared dresses, adorable cardigans, and classic vintage styles for all. With a huge selection of bas and other accessories, it would be so easy to find your new favourite outfit at Laylora.

You can find all of Laylora's contact information and more beautiful items to buy here.


For now, That is all folks! I'm still very tired from the weekend, but I promise I will have everyone else's reviews up tomorrow, wednesday latest!
There's still loads more brilliant reviews and stores to see so please check back tomorrow!
For now, Goodnight! xx


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya :)
Its Jenna from Rubie Locks!
Thanks for the great review!
Heres my facebook address so you can put it on http://www.facebook.com/#!/rubielocks
Thanks!
Look forward to seeing you at future events xxx